1. 80% of our schools are good schools.
2. 20% of these good schools are excellent.
3. 10% of the excellent schools are outstanding.
1. 20% of our schools can be considered weak.
2. 10% of these weak schools need to be improved.
3. 10% of the weak schools may not be able to be improved.
1. 80% of our teachers are good teachers.
2. 10% of the good teachers are excellent.
3. 10% of excellent teachers are outstanding.
1. 20% of our teachers are weak teachers.
2. 10% of the weak teachers can be improved.
3. 10% of the weak teachers probably can’t be improved.
That’s my 80/20 Rule (Pareto Principle) perspective of our schools and teachers, and if it’s accurate or close to being accurate then we need to focus on the percentage that we collaboratively sense needs the most attention.